On June 22nd 2010, Andreas Fischer, Christopher Auer, Katrin Hanauer, Philipp Wendler and Sebastian Henneberg gave a series of talks on vim, the well known editor. The talks covered an introduction to vim and its history, as well as advanced topics such as the use of vim for writing LaTeX documents and software programs.
The event was completed by a short demo of what you can do with vim and a talk about the usability concepts around "Act withoud thinking".
- Philipp Wendler: An introduction to vim
- .vimrc by Philipp Wendler
- Sebastian Henneberg: vimscript, the programming language for vim
- Andreas Fischer: History of vim
- Kathrin Hanauer: vim for programming
- Christopher Auer: Act without Thinking
Examples for the .vimrc file: